Hollow Metal Door Installation In Chicago
Steel doors are energy-efficient, attractive, and durable. These are just a few of the advantages of steel doors and why we recommend them for installation at your business in Chicago, IL.
Omega Locksmith Chicago is a certified locksmith with more than two decades of experience improving the security and safety of customers throughout Chicagoland. Let us help you choose the right hollow metal door for your needs. We also install door hardware and provide steel door repairs when needed.
Steel Door Installation For Chicago Businesses
You can count on our team of experienced locksmiths to provide high-quality steel door installation for interior or exterior applications. There are many reasons why our commercial locksmiths in Chicago recommend metal doors for added security for private and commercial use. However, the top three advantages of steel doors include the following:
- Appearance: You can immediately improve the curb appeal of your property with steel door installation in Chicago, IL. The thickness of the metal determines the strength and security it provides. It can also enhance appearance.
- Energy Efficient and Cost Effective: Metal doors typically add a layer of insulation that can prevent your home from overheating in the summer or getting too cold every time someone opens the door in the winter. Steel doors are also cost-effective because they can help you reduce your energy costs. We recommend metal doors because they’re easy to maintain and install and offer cost-effective protection from the elements.
- Durability: At Omega Locksmith, we install both interior and exterior steel doors resistant to kicking and unauthorized entry. Unlike wood or other materials, metal doors do not rot and resist warping, extending the useful life of the door. Typically, steel doors also come with extended warranties from the manufacturer.
Installation Process of Exterior and Interior Steel Doors in Chicago
We only use the best materials and equipment to install your door. We also avoid damage to your door frame and the interior or exterior of your business or home. Here is an overview of the installation process:
- We start by measuring the door opening to make sure that the door you’ve chosen will fit on the jamb. We’ll need enough clearance on the top, bottom, and sides to install hinges and other hardware. However, our locksmiths handle all the details, providing you with the dimensions needed for steel entry doors.
- Next, we make sure that the framing is strong enough to support your new metal door. If not, we can replace it to ensure a proper fit for weatherproofing and security.
- We also check the floor beneath the door. If the floor isn’t level, we can install shims to even everything out. This ensures that your door will hang properly on the frame.
- We also have to make sure that the threshold rests evenly on the floor so that no dirt and debris can enter your home through gaps in the framing.
- If we install the frame, we can screw it into the studs of your doorway for additional stability.
- After we hang the door will check the margins around the door to ensure they meet NFPA 80 Fire codes and to ensure smooth movement and operation.
We use quality hardware and parts that we guarantee and warranty from Schlage, Adams Rite, and other trusted vendors. Omega Locksmith is a member of ALOA, NASTF, Angie’s List, and 1-800-Unlocks. So, we take each job seriously and value customer satisfaction. As far as we’re concerned, if you aren’t satisfied the job isn’t finished.
Steel Door Installation Cost In Chicago
While we are always aware that cost is a factor for your business or family, we don’t skimp on providing quality steel doors that will secure your entryway or interior space. It typically costs around $600 to install a low-end steel door and some commercial doors can cost as much as $4,600 to install. On average, though, it costs around $1,400 to install a quality steel door installed by the experts at Omega locksmith.
Contact us today for quality locksmith services that include emergency lockout and key replacement services. If you ever need new hardware for your existing steel or other doors, we will be happy to handle it for you. When you have an urgent request, contact us for prompt service, as your safety and security are our number one priority.